Wealthion, Released on 7/29/23
Stocks managed yet another higher week as earning announcement continue to roll in. Plus, the Federal Reserve hiked interest rates again this week.
Portfolio manager Lance Roberts & Wealthion’s host Adam Taggart discuss that in this week’s Market Recap, along with:
1. Will the S&P 500 start retracing to fill the many open gaps below?
2. What are we learning about the health of corporate American now that more earnings are coming in?
3. What were the key takeaways from the Fed’s rate hike & Jerome Powell press conference?
4. Will the lag effect ever materialize/matter?
5. How big a hit to the economy will student loan repayments result in?
6. Lance’s trades for the week
Lance Roberts has an extensive investing background that spans more than 25 years. He is the Chief Investment Strategist for RIA Advisors and Lead Editor of the Real Investment Report, a weekly subscriber-based newsletter to over 100,000 people nationwide.
Adam Taggart is the Founder of Wealthion. He is also Co-Founder and former President of Peak Prosperity. Adam is an experienced Silicon Valley internet executive and Stanford MBA. Prior to partnering with Chris Martenson (Adam was General Manager of our earlier site, ChrisMartenson.com), he was a Vice President at Yahoo!, a company he served for nine years. Before that, he did the ‘startup thing’ (mySimon.com, sold to CNET in 2001). As a fresh-faced graduate from Brown University in the early 1990s, Adam got a first-hand look at all that was broken with Wall Street as an investment banking analyst for Merrill Lynch. Most importantly, he’s a devoted husband and dad.