Financial Survival Network, Released on 2/28/23
- Stronger than expected jobs and inflation data will force the Fed to keep tightening for a while.
- Mortgage rates approaching 7% and home sales are collapsing. Prices normally follow sales down so housing is toast. Miami condo are potentially a danger spot in the hot Florida market.
- Recession is now a lock. Leading indicators way down, yield curve sharply inverted, money supply shrinking, credit card debt soaring. Not a single growth engine in sight.
- With 5% yields on short-term debt instruments and 2% yield on S&P stocks, why own stocks now?
- Many, many large bankruptcies are on the way. Carvana and Bed Bath and Beyond as well as numerous others.
- Gold and silver are down, but are still in danger if the economy tanks. 2008 all over again?
- Interesting uranium news. France is leading a coalition of European countries demanding that nuclear be counted as “green.” That will increase demand for uranium.
- The contrast between Trump’s and mayor Pete’s East Palestine visits it pretty funny.
- Global inflation, brutal in the UK
John Rubino founded the popular financial website DollarCollapse.com in 2004 and sold it in 2022. Mr. Rubino is the co-author, with GoldMoney’s James Turk, of The Money Bubble and The Collapse of the Dollar and How to Profit from It. He spent the 1980’s on Wall Street as a Eurodollar trader, equity analyst and junk bond analyst. During the 1990’s he was a featured columnist with TheStreet.com and a frequent contributor to Individual Investor, Online Investor, and Consumers Digest, among many other publications. His latest work can be found at https://rubino.substack.com.