Northern Exposure, Released on 2/8/24
This wide-ranging discussion with Alasdair Macleod covers many questions:
- How similar are central bankers and the control room operations from Chernobyl Reactor 4?
- Are we in a silent depression, a worldwide economic depression that started in 2007 and never really stopped?
- What will happen in March 2024, when the cash from the Overnight Reverse Repo Facility runs out?
- Also in March 2024, what will happen to bank solvency when the Bank Term Funding Programme ends and banks can no longer borrow at par against their devalued assets?
- These and many more questions allow Alasdair to explore the limits of central bank control, the debt trap in which the Western countries in general, and Uncle Sam in particular, are ensnared, and the effects of reckless government deficit spending in the interests of short-term political goals.
- Alasdair looks ahead and sees the failure of confidence in fiat currencies as a near-term threat, one that will lead to rapid economic collapse when it finally occurs.
Alasdair Macleod is head of research for GoldMoney. Alasdair has been a celebrated stockbroker and Member of the London Stock Exchange for over four decades. His experience encompasses equity and bond markets, fund management, corporate finance and investment strategy. Read Macleod’s writing: https://www.goldmoney.com/research and MacleodFinance Substack.