YouTube/PeterSchiff, Released on 2/26/23 (Recorded on 2/25/23)
· The inflation genie is impossible to put back in the bottle.
· CPI and PPI are lagging for a number of reasons.
· Beaten down stocks of 2022 enjoyed a short-lived dead cat bounce in 2023.
· Consumer spending in January surged after a record decline in tax revenue.
· The PCE is the most inaccurate way to measure inflation and it’s no coincidence that it’s also the Fed’s favorite way.
· The progress the Fed claimed to have made against inflation is already lost.
· The inverted yield curve is now even more inverted.
Peter Schiff is an internationally recognized economist specializing in the foreign equity, currency and gold markets. Mr. Schiff made his name as President and Chief Global Strategist of Euro Pacific Capital. He frequently delivers lectures at major economic and investment conferences, and is quoted often in the print media, including the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Barron’s, BusinessWeek, Time and Fortune. His broadcast credits include regular guest appearances on CNBC, Fox Business, CNN, MSNBC, and Fox News Channel, as well as hosting his own weekly radio show, Wall Street Unspun. He’s also the author of the bestselling books: Crash Proof 2.0, The Little Book of Bull Moves in Bear Markets:, and The Real Crash: America’s Coming Bankruptcy – How to Save Yourself and Your Country.