Marin Katusa, Katusa Research, Released on 4/19/17
*This interview took place at the Vancouver Resource Investment Conference on January 22-23, 2017.
– 0:25 What asset Frank Giustra is most bullish on
– 1:45 Is Gold being held back and by whom
– 5:44 What percentage of his assets does he hold in physical vs ETF’s vs gold mining stocks
– 8:40 Why it sucks to be a connected billionaire
– 11:45 Why gold mining skipped a generation
– 17:01 If you couldn’t buy in private placements, where would you put $50,000
– 18:25 Rapidfire thoughts on commodities, currencies and assets
Marin Katusa has worked directly with and financed many companies of well-known individuals in the resource industry and has become one of the most trusted and well connected dealmakers in the junior resource sector. During this time, he has become one of the most successful portfolio managers in the resource sector, such as his 2009 Fund Partnership (KC50 Fund, LLC) which has outperformed the comparable index, the TSX-V by over 600%. Marin provides his research reports and original ideas at KatusaResearch.com, and he is the author of the New York Times Bestseller The Colder War: How the Global Energy Trade Slipped from America’s Grasp
Frank Giustra is a Canadian business executive, who has been particularly successful in the mining and filmmaking industries, and is a noted philanthropist. Mr. Giustra started out as an assistant trader and then became a stockbroker at Merrill Lynch in his early career. He later went on to join Yorkton Securities, where he helped launch a new branch geared towards financing resource companies in Europe. He is now an advisor to major gold miner, Endeavour Mining Corporation. In the late 90’s, he founded Lionsgate Entertainment – the company behind The Hunger Games and Michael Moore’s Fahrenheit 9/11. The company had over $2 billion in revenue in 2013, and owns the rights to the hugely successful Twilight movie franchise and The Expendables series, among other big blockbuster titles.