Goldseek Radio, Released on 4/19/18
- John Williams of Shadowstats.com, a leading online alternative economic-resource sees the potential for an explosive move in the PMs sector/commodities.
- According to Shadowstats, the official inflation numbers are significantly understated – consumers are being robbed as the pace of price increases exceeds wages.
- Shadowstats finds that the GDP is slowing at a rapid clip, which will be reflected in next week’s official tally.
- The troubling sign for the domestic economy could result in the first recession amid one of the longest economic expansions in US history.
- Inflation is typically good news for the commodities sector, including crude oil, gold, silver and PMs shares, all of which are poised from a technical vantage point for a potential rally.
- The event that leads to the economic tipping point could be an expectedly sharp decline, even a crash in the US Greenback.
- John Williams expects that policymakers will return to quantitative easing (QE) in an attempt to stabilize the US dollar; the move could backfire resulting in a panic to procure inflation safe haven investments, such as energy shares and PMs.
Walter J. “John” Williams has been a private consulting economist and a specialist in government economic reporting for more than 30 years. His economic consultancy is called Shadow Government Statistics (shadowstats.com). His early work in economic reporting led to front-page stories in The New York Times and Investor’s Business Daily. He received a bachelor’s degree in economics, cum laude, from Dartmouth College in 1971, and was awarded a master’s degree in business administration from Dartmouth’s Amos Tuck School of Business Administration in 1972, where he was named an Edward Tuck Scholar.