Fat Tail Investment Research, Released on 8/13/21
Jim Rickards explained in his five links that Australia is in ‘double trouble’. I thought we should explore the ideas and arguments he presented a little further. And so, here’s our discussion on Australia’s future under the spectres of both COVID and China…
1. The mandates just won’t stop. The goal is 100% vaccination — or isolation.
2. After COVID waves come the property eviction waves. More headwinds.
3. US GDP came in at a weak level. But the economy is even weaker than that.
4. US GDP came in at a weak level. But the economy is even weaker than that.
5. Venezuelan gold goes missing. Just like Libyan gold before that.
In this video, he talks about China’s new trading rituals, how they could affect Australia’s economic situation and what it means for your investments. Jim outlines a potential economic storm brewing for Australia. This is what you need to know about China’s new trade rules and why they are important for Australian investors.
Jim Rickards is a lawyer, investment banker and economist with over thirty years’ experience in capital markets. He is currently Chief Global Strategist at Meraglim. He advises the Department of Defense, the U.S. intelligence community, and major hedge funds on global finance, and served as a facilitator of the first ever financial war games conducted by the Pentagon. A frequent guest on financial news programs, Rickards is also the author of The New York Times bestselling novels Currency Wars: The Making of the Next Global Crisis and The Death of Money. His latest book is The New Great Depression: Winners and Losers in a Post-Pandemic World.