Chris Waltzek, Goldseek Radio, Released on 3/22/16
- Harry S. Dent Jr., says gold is far more appealing that US stocks on a valuation basis, noting: “I would buy gold over US shares any day of the week.”
- Thanks to Fed rate tapering, funds have been redirected into commodities, especially gold.
- Our guest notes that gold is the best inflation hedge available to investors.
- Given that the future is rarely 100% knowable, a 10-20% gold / silver investment portfolio component is advisable.
- The recent stock market gyrations could indicate a crash is imminent, similar to the 2008 meltdown, but perhaps even worse.
- Unlike cash in the bank earning negative interest rates around the world, gold does not carry the burden of a negative interest rate.
- The host / guest disagree on the inflation / deflation debate – the host notes the recent plunge of the US dollar that is anti-deflationary.
- Mr. Dent’s ontology indicates that central bankers are deleveraging the greatest debt bubble in global history.
- US stock indexes will drop at least 70% in the next few years, according to Mr. Dent. Eventually a second Great Depression is inevitable
- Although policymakers are delaying the day of reckoning, eventually the FOMC will resume QE efforts with gusto.
- The Fed’s current balance sheet indicates zero signs of tapering, plateau at best (Figure 1.1.)
Harry Dent is a Fortune 100 consultant, new venture investor, noted speaker, bestselling author, and the founder and senior editor at Dent Research, where he dedicates himself to identifying and studying demographic, technological, and geopolitical trends. He has a free daily newsletter at www.harrydent.com called “Survive and Prosper.” Mr. Dent accurately predicted Japan’s collapse in 1989, the dot-com bubble-bust in 2000 and the housing bust in 2006 to 2007 (among many other things). He’s written numerous books, including The Great Boom Ahead (1992), The Great Depression Ahead (2008), The Great Crash Ahead (2011) and The Demographic Cliff (2014).