Gold Switzerland, Released on 12/31/19
In this important discussion between Egon von Greyerz of Matterhorn Asset Management and Grant Williams of Real Vision TV, they talk about the fake prosperity we live in, facilitated by negative interest rates as well as endless money printing and the dire consequences this will have for the world.
Central banks are manufacturing money out of thin air and also making it free. So the money is worthless and so are the assets that the printed money supports. The inevitable consequence of this is a massive implosion of the fake wealth bubble as well as of the debt bubble made of fake money. This will lead to tremendous wealth destruction, hardship and suffering for people around the world.
Egon argues that Central Banks shouldn’t exist since they are destroying the financial system by manipulating the laws of nature and interfering with the normal business cycle.
Grant and Egon also discuss:
– The destruction of savings and pensions
– With major bank failures in Europe, Mme Lagarde of the ECB becoming the most powerful woman in the world
– The Swiss National Bank corrupting the bedrock of Swiss society
– Central Banks around the world panicking due to major problems in the financial system
– J.P. Morgan with the biggest derivative position in the world and the potential reason for recent Fed actions
– There will be no liquidity as the $1.5 quadrillion derivative bubble implodes
– The similarities between August 1971 and August 2019
– Saving the system is impossible
– Gold being the best performing asset class in the 2000s
– The importance of gold in the coming crisis
– The coming hyperinflationary depression combined with asset deflation
– We are facing the end of a 200 year or maybe a 2000 year cycle for the world economy
– The importance of family and a circle of close friends
Egon von Greyerz is founder and Managing Partner of Matterhorn Asset Management AG & GoldSwitzerland. Since the 1990s Egon von Greyerz has been actively involved with financial investment activities including mergers and acquisitions and asset allocation consultancy for private family funds. This led to the creation of Matterhorn Asset Management, an asset management company based on wealth preservation principles. MAM is part of the Aquila Group, Switzerland’s largest independent asset management group. Von Greyerz makes regular media appearances on CNBC, BBC, etc. and publishes articles on the world economy and wealth preservation.
Grant Williams is the portfolio manager of the Vulpes Precious Metals Fund and strategy advisor to Vulpes Investment Management in Singapore. Grant has 28 years of experience in finance on the Asian, Australian, European and US markets and has held senior positions at several international investment houses, including Robert Fleming, UBS and Credit Suisse. Since 2009, he has also been writing the popular investment newsletter Things That Make You Go Hmmm…