Erik Townsend, Macro Voices, Released on 3/17/16
*The interview begins at 15:57
- The ECB, Fed, and BOJ statements and how policies are shifting
- The upward trajectory of the Euro following a confusing ECB statement
- The key differences between central banking in the US, and the Eurozone
- TLTRO2: “a funding for lending scheme” – how does it work, what does it mean?
- A potential bottoming in European interest rates
- Will a Fed rate hike mean a stronger dollar, or have markets already priced this in?
- The Fed members, structure, focus and process
- Coming headwinds for asset prices as the Fed unwinds an unprecedented easing cycle
- The counterproductivity of negative interest rates and extraordinary central bank policy
- The Dollar rally – how did we get here and is the rally over?
- Gold and other “safe havens” – where can investors hide in this challenging environment?
Axel Merk is the Founder, President, Portfolio Manager, and CIO at Merk Investments LLC. He is an expert on qualitative research and macroeconomic trends. Mr. Merk is also an expert on macro trends, hard money, international investing, and on building sustainable wealth, and he is a pioneer in the use of strategic currency investing to seek diversification. He is a speaker and author on topics ranging from the economy, gold, and currencies to sustainable wealth and personal finance, as well as a regular guest and contributor to the business media around the world. Mr. Merk is an Author of the book Sustainable Wealth: Achieve Financial Security in a Volatile World of Debt and Consumption.